Diocesan Safe Environment Coordinator
Secretary, Youth Protection and Catholic Human Services
Pamela J. Russo, L.S.W, M.S.
P.O. Box F
Allentown, PA 18105-1538
610-871-5200 ext. 2204
Diocesan Victim Assistance Coordinator
Ms. Wendy Krisak, MA, NCC, LPC
The Diocese of Allentown provides assistance to anyone who, as a minor, was sexually abused by a priest, deacon, or employee/volunteer of the Diocese/Parish. Parents, guardians, children, and survivors of sexual abuse are invited and encouraged to contact the Diocese of Allentown for more information about this program. The fullness of compassion should be extended to these victims by the Church.
To learn more about the Diocese of Allentown's Youth Protection Programs, Sexual Abuse Policy, and Code of Conduct, please visit www.allentowndiocese.org and click on "Youth Protection" in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at St. Joseph the Worker School and Parish. Please complete all of the necessary safe environment paperwork. Follow steps #1 - 9 below. Please note that #10 is only necessary if applicable.
The following policies must be read and completed and a workshop attended for any volunteer.
1. FBI Fingerprints: Submit a DIOCESAN BACKGROUND CHECK & FINGERPRINT AUTHORIZATION FORM Click on the following link and complete and submit the following form: Diocese of Allentown Background Check and Fingerprint Authorization Form.
Or - you may obtain your own FBI fingerprints by going to website below. https://uenroll.identogo.com Volunteers must enter service code: 1KG6Y3. (For employee requirements, see below)
Or - you may submit a FBI Criminal Background Fingerprint Check(Dated within 1 year of submission)
The FBI fingerprints are required because not all out of state arrests are reported to the Commonwealth of PA. Therefore, this clearance provides a more complete background search. The unofficial results that you receive in the mail must be submitted along with all other clearances.
2. PA State Police Check: Free and online. The time to complete the form is approximately 5-10 minutes and the results are received within 24 hours.
Click on the following link and complete and submit the following form: PA State Police Criminal Record Check (PA Access to Criminal History (PATCH) Dated January 1, 2015 or later.
3. PA Child Abuse History Check: Free and online. The time to complete the form is approximately 15 minutes. The results come back within 48 hours provided you are as in-depth and detailed as possible. Failure to do so may delay the results.
Click on the following link and complete and submit the following form: PA Child Abuse History Clearance (less than five (5) years old). Dated January 1, 2015 or later.
4. Sexual Abuse Acknowledgment Form: Click on the Diocese of Allentown Sexual Abuse Policy to read: Diocese of Allentown Sexual Abuse Policy then sign the Acknowledgement Form for Diocese of Allentown Sexual Abuse Policy.
6. Protecting God's Children Workshop: This workshop is approximately 2.5-3 hours and is hosted at various times and locations throughout the Diocese. Attend one of the upcoming Protecting God's Children Workshops and submit the Certificate of Completion (this only needs to be completed once). Protecting God's Children Workshop Schedule
7. Mandated Reporting: Free and online. This training takes 3 hours to complete and can be done in segments and on different days by simply saving your progress.
Complete the online training and submit the Certificate of Complete for Mandated Reporting Training. Mandated Reporting Training (less than five (5) years old)
8. Diocese of Allentown Child Protective Services Law Policy: Click on the Diocese of Allentown Child Protective Services Law Policy to read the Diocese of Allentown Child Protective Services Law Policy. Then sign the CPSL Acknowledgment Form. *New Diocesan Policy effective 1/1/2018.
9. Volunteer Checklist: Please complete and submit the Volunteer Checklist.
10. Motor Vehicle Report: ONLY IF DRIVING (less than five (5) years old). Please submit the vehicle report.
If you have any questions, please contact: Liz Castro, Safe Environment Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org